Friday, June 13, 2008

 

Daintree Rainforest

I finlly got my Internet connection back after an 8 month hiatus, then I forgot my username / password combination but have finally managed to get back on!!! Whoo hoo!!!!!

Don, Thad and I went to Port Douglas for the long weekend.

Airports are alot like hospitals.

# Annoucements overhead are frequent and make some people run to get somewhere quickly.

# People often send their friends / family there, have to say goodbye, often cry and may not see them for a while / forever.

# They have these pagers in the Brissie airport food court that they give to the customers, and when your food's ready, they beep you to collect it. OMG.... and I was trying to get away from pagers!!! At least the beeps made sense.

# Traditional fantasies involve staff working at both places... Go Mile High Club!

Despite being in the majestic, ancient Daintree rainforest, seeing endangered greentree frogs hop right onto our bench, seeing huge crocs (not to footwear kind) up close, Thad was nonplussed. Woe betide the day your children learn the word, "BORING...".

Then, the day after we get back to Melbourne, he tells me as I am putting him to bed, "Mommy, today was the best and coolest day of my entire life!!!!!!" "Why?" I ask him, thinking for a split second it was the cool Magic story about the witch, the boy with Chickenpox who found a magic flute and the toy car, which I created out of thin air (not an easy task, mind you - try making up a new story for 6 years). Or maybe, he'd come round about the Port Douglas trip. To which, he ecstatically replied "Oh, because the bathtub sinkhole broke and our bathroom flodded and our whole kitchen got wet!!! Wheeeee...."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?