Thursday, September 14, 2006

 

Howl

Dad had 2 stents inserted in his L main coronaries yesterday and is recovering well. Thad made this drawing for him, which I will post tomorrow.
We're starting a modified star chart thingy to deal with the Accidents issue. Thad was fully toilet trained ealier than most of his gender matched peers. After being continent for about 2 years, he gradually started having more and more Accidents with urine, starting from about 4 months ago. No issue with poo. We were nonchalant about it for a while but it didn't go away and he said it hurt when he peed, so we saw the doctor in early July. He had a urine test and was treated empirically with co-amoxyclav. The urine, however, showed no growth nor many white cells. There doesn't seem to be any significant event or changes in his life / routines and there doesn't seem to be any other behavioural or emotional changes. He complains of pain occasionally in his penis when he does a wee. There is no ballooning of his foreskin when he goes. There is no change in colour nor blood in the urine and his nodes are not significantly enlarged. His sensation seems to be intact. He is, however, still not continent at night. He also has had 2 episisodes of a red scaly papular rash with satellite lesions in the inner folds of his groin. The accidents happen mostly when he is occupied. Thad says that it is because he "doesn't know that he wants to go" or "by the time I get there, it's too late". Don took on a hard, strict, remove privillages approach, which I really hated. Since it wasn't effective, I've taken over, implementing this star chart.


More pics: We were bored.



We're quite excited about moving. The cleaners say the odour is the smell of old houses and lack of air flow and will dissapate with time. Hee hee... Don says my violent reaction is very common when making major acquiring decisions. I remember having a similar one initially when I got Artie, my 2000 Toyota Camry. I love Artie!!!

Have been watching Love My Way, my first foray into Australian... anything. It's a great drama series with a soundtrack by Little Birdy. In the first season, SPOILER-----> the 8 year old daughter of the lead dies of sudden cardiac death secondary to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Man, if anything ever happened to Thad, I would just crumble.

We were listening to some recordings of Allen Ginsberg and Thad loves "Old Pond". Check out: http://www.allenginsberg.org/home.php.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?