Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

Circus Act

Thad had show and tell yesterday. He brought in an empty box and a photo we took with a koala. He talked about his new GameBoy game and his trip to Currumbin Wildflife park. Don cooked tortellini last night and we watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit while having dinner. We then went to the balcony to gaze at Jupiter and Mars. Thad had learnt in school that Mars was visible and that it is the red planet. We also found out, from the Scienceworks Planetarium website, that Jupiter is the brightest object in the sky right now.

This AM, Thad and I played The Cat in the Hat Board game. He could read ALL the words to my suprise! He's so ready to learn how to read, and has been for many many years, but neither Don nor I are doing anything. Damn, I wish I was a better mother and taught him more, spent more time with him, not let him get hungry, offer him more fruit. He can't even ride a bike! We went to the park with his bike last Sunday (it was a glorious day) and met a beautiful family. We played hide and seek and acted out Three Billy Goats Gruff and Hansel and Gretel.

Thad's been invited to his classmate's 5th birthday party on Sunday at Essendon Road safety park. So fun!!!!

I'm going in tonight to admit patients. Why do I feel so guilty that I love spending time in the hospital? No one understands, truly. They either serve platitudes or just can't grasp the concept. The thing is, I tend to let Thad win over my studies. I think I'm going to be a crap doctor. I'm already a crap mother. Damnit, I'm a master of none.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?