Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Running on a Deadline



Easter has inspired me to resurrect this blog.

Found the Postman Pat pic dated 22nd Oct 2005. Thad says he loves Toby and that he was only joking at that time. Sure son... being the grandson of a lawyer and a citizen in the land of Libel as a political tool should teach you never to put anything in writing. Oh, the irony.

So many things have happened since the last entry. Some of the highlights that I remember are that Thad had a birthday, a birthday party, acquired a taste for fish head, fish eyeballs, century egg and was thoroughly spoilt in Singapore (so was I... ah, decadence).

He learnt about symbiosis today from a TV show and we spent some time talking about it. He told me that clownfish hide from sharks in sea anemone and that hippos and birds have a symbiotic relationship.

Cue for me to whip out the pictures of Africa.

Amongst the safari pics was a picture of a half eaten carcass. Thad wondered why the head was still alive and I had to explain to him that the whole of the wildebeest is dead and that the lions had eaten all the meat and the leftovers would be eaten by the scavengers. Thad understood completely what scavengers are because he promptly said, "so mummy, you are a scavenger because you always eat my leftovers". Shall I explain "parasite" Mr. Live in Mel's Womb Rent Free for Nine Months?

I'm doing Ob/Gyn now and it's disgusting. I used to love the female genitalia with all its aesthetic splendour. Now, it's a disguting tunnel that my stubby fingers are too short to traverse entirely. I have tunnel vision looking down speculums and have firmly decided to be celibate.

Thad has to bring in a toy for show and tell next Monday. His current top picks are a white balloon that he drew his face on and then inflated, and a home-made sword.

Don and Thad are playing a playing Final Fight on the com and are quarrelling. Don is accusing Thad of kicking his character, which Thad denies. It's possibly because Don's score is 129801 and the suppossedly less dextrous 4 year old son of mine has racked up 261000. Meanwhile, Thad magnanimously forgives Don for kicking his character because "I know it was an accident".

Don is threatening to sue me for libel for the above paragraph.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?