Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Three Pounds for the King, Huzzah!


We celebrated Don's birthday last Friday at Akita, one of the best Japanese restaurants in Melbourne. Thaddeus cannot keep secrets. He told Don about the cake and everything else. When we collected the cake from Crown bakery, his face fell when he saw that I had ordered such a small mango gateau. He was crestfallen that he could only have one (freaking huge) serving. I organised for dear Bob to sit for Thad at the last minute and Thad was agreeable. I was so proud of myself until Don and I decided we were too lazy and tired to go out and stayed home instead. Wilson, Thomas (who celebrated his birthday the next day), Melissa and Thomas' girlfriend came over and we had strawberry cheesecake from Crown.

The next day, we went to the Imimgration museum for the Pacific Islander festival. We took the city circle tram and met this cutie from America with her mom. It started hailing for a while while we were on the tram. We had to step into a mid-shin deep puddle at the tram stop to get to the museum. Thad thought it was immensely fun and wanted to go back and do it again. I made an ugly thing out of raffia, that wanted to be a grass skirt in its past life.

I have a splitting headache. Hopefully Thad doesn't get any worse than he was today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?