Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Fat Greedy Mel
I decided that Thad's hair was too long as his fringe was getting into his eyes. So, I decided to cut it. Much to Don's consternation. The baby threw a whopping tantrum. Thad, on the other hand, liked his new hairstyle, because he thought it made him look more like the brown mighty morphin power ranger (he is, of course, the brown speed ranger). Don decided not to speak to his innocent, doe-eyed inamorata for 20 minutes for making Thad look less cool.
It's amazing what hypocrisy motherhood makes us go through. We snuggled on the sofa bed's last legs to watch the Commonwealth games opening ceremony and a flying tram (that somebody decided best represents Melbourne) enter the Rod Laver Arena (where Don and I caught Bowie in early 2004). I thought it was a corny symbol (much like how Melbournians hail Delta Goodrem as their eidolon) and had to suppress my laughter and gush alongside Thad and Don at how wonderful and phantasmorgical it was. Thad said that he's always wanted to see a flying tram (huh?) and his ambition is to ride in one. That reminded me of how Christopher's childhood ambition was to be a bus. Not a bus driver, but simply, a bus.
Thad watched the atheletes from the various nations enter the stadium. The team from England came out first (Australia's Machiavellian ploy to tire the English to hamper them from their game tomorrow). Thad lives in this fantasy world where he and his 2 imaginary friends (Burgen and Charlie) live in England with his parrallel world mummy and daddy. He remarked that he had never seen most of the people from England but recognised a few faces.
When the Scottish team filed through, we talked about men wearing special skirts called kilts. He said that Burgen wears skirts because his grandfather is Scottish.
If you didn't already know, Australia is sore about not having Aussie Rules as a Commonwealth game. I'm sure they're more sore about having lost to Ireland in the International Rules game held last year. Muah hahahahaha!!! They are so freaking footy mad that the captains of the various football teams passed the Queen's baton across this grandiose setup across the Yarra river. I'm sure Melbournians will sleep well tonight, soothing themselves with the thought that footy players participated in the Commonwealth games. This 80 year old footy legend had to trudge through water and climb up a whole freaking flight of steps. I really hope he doesn't get pneumonia. Thankfully, his wet trousers didn't get him electrocuted as he ascended the brightly lit stairs to pass the baton on to the next person in the relay.
The Republic of Tanzania has sent a team of 14 to represent the beautiful nation. They will be competing in various middle and long distance events. Some African countries had no jerseys, shoes or money to travel to Melbourne. Melbourne donated money and items for them to compete. I really hope to go back to Tanzania and visit other Countries in Africa and Asia soon. Don and I want to backpack around Chiang Mai, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam for our honeymoon. I want to loose 10 kg to get back to my pre-pregnant weight before getting married.
Don's cooking instant noodles for supper and he just pelted me on the head with a bag of chips cause his aiming sucks.
Looks like I won't be visiting those Asian Countries on my itinerary any time soon.... sigh.
It's amazing what hypocrisy motherhood makes us go through. We snuggled on the sofa bed's last legs to watch the Commonwealth games opening ceremony and a flying tram (that somebody decided best represents Melbourne) enter the Rod Laver Arena (where Don and I caught Bowie in early 2004). I thought it was a corny symbol (much like how Melbournians hail Delta Goodrem as their eidolon) and had to suppress my laughter and gush alongside Thad and Don at how wonderful and phantasmorgical it was. Thad said that he's always wanted to see a flying tram (huh?) and his ambition is to ride in one. That reminded me of how Christopher's childhood ambition was to be a bus. Not a bus driver, but simply, a bus.
Thad watched the atheletes from the various nations enter the stadium. The team from England came out first (Australia's Machiavellian ploy to tire the English to hamper them from their game tomorrow). Thad lives in this fantasy world where he and his 2 imaginary friends (Burgen and Charlie) live in England with his parrallel world mummy and daddy. He remarked that he had never seen most of the people from England but recognised a few faces.
When the Scottish team filed through, we talked about men wearing special skirts called kilts. He said that Burgen wears skirts because his grandfather is Scottish.
If you didn't already know, Australia is sore about not having Aussie Rules as a Commonwealth game. I'm sure they're more sore about having lost to Ireland in the International Rules game held last year. Muah hahahahaha!!! They are so freaking footy mad that the captains of the various football teams passed the Queen's baton across this grandiose setup across the Yarra river. I'm sure Melbournians will sleep well tonight, soothing themselves with the thought that footy players participated in the Commonwealth games. This 80 year old footy legend had to trudge through water and climb up a whole freaking flight of steps. I really hope he doesn't get pneumonia. Thankfully, his wet trousers didn't get him electrocuted as he ascended the brightly lit stairs to pass the baton on to the next person in the relay.
The Republic of Tanzania has sent a team of 14 to represent the beautiful nation. They will be competing in various middle and long distance events. Some African countries had no jerseys, shoes or money to travel to Melbourne. Melbourne donated money and items for them to compete. I really hope to go back to Tanzania and visit other Countries in Africa and Asia soon. Don and I want to backpack around Chiang Mai, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam for our honeymoon. I want to loose 10 kg to get back to my pre-pregnant weight before getting married.
Don's cooking instant noodles for supper and he just pelted me on the head with a bag of chips cause his aiming sucks.
Looks like I won't be visiting those Asian Countries on my itinerary any time soon.... sigh.
Comments:
<< Home
hey i finally got the chips!!! but they only have it in small bags.. havent tried it yet. been so busy, just in time to come back and have dinner, bathe, print notes and surf some blogs and going to sleep now. love you.
ah shucks, i missed the commonwealth games! darn
Post a Comment
ah shucks, i missed the commonwealth games! darn
<< Home
